Additional explanation for students and parents why there is so often a disconnect between good grades/honor-roll and SAT/ACT scores:
- All past years of the American Freshman Survey: https://heri.ucla.edu/publications-tfs/
- American Freshman Survey data for 2022: https://heri.ucla.edu/…/2023/05/DATA-TABLES-TFS-2022.pdf?
For the ACT data, it has to be pieced together from a few sources:
- 1990 to 1995 ACT scores (don’t use prior to 1990 because it is scored and scaled differently, so the scores before 1990 are not comparable to scores after 1990): https://nces.ed.gov/…/digest/d02/tables/PDF/table137.pdf
- 1995 to 2021 ACT scores: https://nces.ed.gov/fastfacts/display.asp?id=897
- 2022 ACT scores: https://www.act.org/…/2022-National-ACT-Profile-Report.pdf